For many, the Super Bowl is the only time they are eager to see advertisements. In fact, there might be people at your Super Bowl party more interested in the ads than game itself. Each year, companies pay enormous sums to place their ads during the Super Bowl game. They know hundreds of millions of people will be watching, and calculate it as a worthwhile investment.
The ads that do something different or send the strongest message are often the ones we remember. Of the many ads, a handful stuck out to us and our guests:
- BMW’s i3 ad cleverly links the past and the future.
- Newcastle made use of subliminal messaging in their unique spot.
- NO MORE sends a powerful message on domestic violence.
- Loctite, a small super glue company in Ohio, used their entire annual marketing budget on their 30-second spot.
- The controversial “lost dog” advertisement by GoDaddy ended up being pulled.